Withnell Car Sales, Bolton Road, Withnell, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 8BP, is the owner and operator of the Sites and the relevant accounts on the Social Media.
Withnell Car Sales is committed to maintaining your privacy. Primarily we are concerned with making sure that your financing and car buying experience meets your expectations and that you can buy safely, assured that your details are in safe hands.
Information We Collect
Information you give us:
In initially enquiring about finance or quality second-hand cars available from the site you may give us your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address, email address and credit card and other payment details. An order number linked to you will be generated. You may also provide us with information by interacting with us on social media or participating in promotions.
Information we collect:
- We will collect technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Also, information from your time on the site including the full clickstream to, through and from the Site.
- We also receive information from third party sources as you interact with the site and make purchases.
How We Use That Information
Information you give us:
- We will use this information to process your order as necessary or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may involve some disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers and fraud protection agencies.
- Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites.
- We may also use the information you have given us to inform you about changes to our site or your purchase and give you information about new products or promotions that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
Information we collect:
- We will use this information to improve your financing and car buying experience. It will help us to administer the Site and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- The information will allow you to interact with the site when you want to, both with ease and safely. It will also allow us to deliver relevant advertising during your visit to the site and to tailor our recommendations to you and other users of the site.
- We may also combine information received from third parties with information we are given and gather for the purposes outlined above.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for example our carriers that deliver Items to you, our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve the Sites and Social Media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Sites and the Social Media.
In all circumstances we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that the company or company assets are sold on to a new party or in the case that we are obliged to for legal reasons.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
By interacting with us on Social Media (including without limitation joining our official group/page or following us on the Social Media “liking”, “retweeting”, writing a comment in relation to a page on the Social Media) you are consenting to our interaction with you on the Social Media and the processing of your information accessed on the Social Media. The information about you that may be collected when you Interact with us on the Social Media may include without limitation your name, your user profile, your age, your preferences, choices and viewpoints with regards to the topic or subject matter of the relevant Social Media page, your photos and other images and your videos.
Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on the Social Media or using any of your information on the Social Media by contacting us at the details set out below.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you would like to arrange to access the information we hold on you or believe that the information we hold on you in incorrect then please contact us using the contact details outlined below